|User RatingBe the first one !||
Imovane is known as a psychoactive drug that is characterized by its soporific, sedative, tranquilizing, anticonvulsive, and muscle relaxant effects. It belongs to the class of mood-altering medications, which are called cyclopyrrolones. They differ structurally from benzodiazepines and barbiturates. This medicine has efficient soporific effect because of high degree of affinity with binding sites in gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor complex of CNS.
The treatment with Imovane is not accompanied by its cumulation. Comparing it to benzodiazepine or barbiturate medications, this drug possesses considerable advantage because it does not cause morning drowsiness or exhaustion.
The generic name of this drug is zopiclone. This active material is responsible for decreased period of falling asleep and reduced number of nighttime awakenings, while also maintaining the normal sleep phase structure, including the stabilization of rapid eye movement part.
When you need to use the medicine
Such pharmaceutical is prescribed in case a patient suffers:
- Frequent nighttime awakenings
- Early awakenings
- Occasional, temporary, and chronic pervigilium
- Difficult process of falling asleep
The preparation can be also prescribed as a treatment for secondary sleep disturbance due to psychiatric disturbance.
How to take generic Imovane the right way
Keep in mind that the following instructions should not substitute your prescription. Always consult your doctor before taking the medicine.
The duration of treatment is strictly limited. When a patient suffers:
- Situational insomnia, the length is from 2 to 5 days
- Temporary insomnia, the length is from 2 to 3 weeks
- Chronic insomnia, the length is up to 4 weeks
The prolonged treatment is possible after a consultation with an attending medical doctor.
The common dosage is:
- Adults under 65 – 1 tablet per day (7,5 mg)
- Adults aged 65 and older – the initial taking per day should not be more than a half of a tablet (3,75 mg); later it could be increased to 7,5 mg per day
- Adults who suffer hepatic dysfunction or chronic pulmonary insufficiency need to take the recommended dose of this medicine that is 3,75 mg
You need to take this pharmaceutical before going to bed.
The drug should not be taken if you are sensitive to any of its components or suffer severe diseases, such as:
- Acute respiratory failures
- Liver diseases
- Muscular asthenia
There is no data about safe and efficient dosage of this medication for children and teenagers under 18.
Side reactions of taking Imovane may result in:
- Dry mouth
- Bitter taste
- Residual drowsiness
- Indigestion (nausea, dyspepsia)
- Skin allergic reactions (rash, pruritus)
There are also less common adverse effects of zopiclone:
- Anaphylactic reaction
The following paradoxical responses happen quite seldom: irritation, aggression, hallucinations, invariable behavior. There could be also anterograde amnesia. It happens as an outcome of disrupted sleep or protracted period of falling asleep.
The cessation of treatment may become complicated because of abstinence. It is followed by:
- Excessive sweat
- Mental confusion
In rare instances, there is a possibility of serum transaminase and/or alkaline phosphatase.
Is generic Imovane available without prescription?
Doctors highly recommend to use this drug only if you have a prescription, because the pharmaceutical is designated as a potent agent. Come see your neurologist or psychotherapist, complain to the doctor about problematic falling asleep.