Acne disease or just acne, this scourge of youth, grows older every year. And now even in 40 years, no one is protected from it.
Urban air, fast food, and other factors significantly prolong the duration of sebaceous gland activity and expose the skin to additional stress, which makes this disease all-aged. However, undoubtedly, it is the adolescent and post-adolescent periods of hormonal “bursts”, whose onset is signaled by the appearance of acne, are the most active manifestation of this skin ailment of the face, and sometimes – of the body.
The most common reason for the appearance of acne on the face is hormonal changes in the body.
Similar work of hormonal glands occurs in adolescents during pubertal period, as well as in women during pregnancy and a certain phase of the menstrual cycle (this can be accompanied in some cases by rashes of acne) or with certain endocrine problems in adults. Even newborn babies show conditions similar to acne – they also have a hormonal nature even with a separate name – a hormonal crisis. In addition, some medicines, the specifics of work, even inhaled air – all this can become a pathogenic factor of acne.
Depending on the type of rash, four degrees of severity of acne are distinguished:
- first degree, the local area of the face (for example, a forehead or chin) is affected;
- second degree, differs from the first degree quantitatively – a large surface of the face is affected, there are rashes on the body,
- third degree, in addition to comedones – a lot of papules and pustules, pronounced inflammatory process, possible hyperemia (redness, itching) of the skin,
- fourth degree, the heaviest, spherical pimples of large size (more than 5 mm) penetrate deeply into the dermis layers and leave behind deep atrophic scars (they look like pits on the skin).
Speaking about the prevention of acne, we, of course, refer to the first two light degrees of acne. Do not try to fight alone with serious furuncles, nodular-cystic or fulminant acne – this can be fraught with not only severe skin problems but also sepsis in especially severe cases.
However, if it is a matter of light lesions of acne, treatment and the prevention of disease can be independent. Of course, it should be done correctly, because any irritation will denote the growth. Cosmetologists categorically forbid any unprofessional extrusion of acne or comedones – this is fraught with the formation of new, more complex acne, and also – the formation of atrophic scars, the fight against which is an order of magnitude more complicated than with light degrees of acne that pass without affecting the skin. In general, experts recommend:
- to review the food in the period of the highest activity of the sebaceous glands, that is, to exclude fatty, sweet food, rich in simple carbohydrates,
- to increase the hygiene measures of the face and hands; this will contribute if not to the complete disappearance of acne, then, at least, to its non-proliferation due to external factors,
- to apply antiseptic masks and creams regularly that protect the pores from the penetration of mud-dust particles and bacteria in them, which, in fact, trigger the inflammatory process.
Use the remedies that you can buy in an online pharmacy for skin care carefully – Accutane, with mandatory testing on a small area of the skin. Despite the fact that many ointments and gels are supported by vitamin complexes and special nutrition for the skin, during the period of treatment, a lot of attention should be paid to daily face care. Oily skin does not mean moisturized. Antibacterial and hormonal drugs should be used with extreme caution. The treatment must be clearly controlled by a doctor and involve numerous tests. Cosmetology will help in accelerating the depigmentation process – bleaching clay masks, creams with high UV-factors, protecting from solar pigmentation.