In recent years, childhood obesity has grown to a threatening scale. Obesity is the result of modern life. It provokes imbalance between the energy input into the body and its expenditure. There can be many reasons. They depend on the nature of nutrition, food, the way of life. Leading role in the development of obesity belongs to nutrition.
Causes of obesity:
- This is the most common reason. A child who consumes more calories than his or her body needs for a full-fledged growth and development is faced with the inevitable accumulation of extra kilograms,
- In the childhood obesity, the older generation may be the one to blame. It is proved by science: if one parent suffers from excessive weight, the probability of his or her inheritance by the child is 40%. If obesity is diagnosed in both parents, the risk rises to 80%,
- physical inactivity. Lack of mobility is a common problem of overweight. Computer games replaced moving games with the guys in the yard for many children. A negative example of parents who spend their free time wrongly can aggravate the problem,
- Dysfunction of the glands of internal secretion can provoke the appearance of excess weight. Diseases of the adrenal glands, pancreas, decreased activity of the thyroid gland, children’s hypothyroidism – diseases that often lead to obesity,
- Itenko-Cushing syndrome. This disease leads to an elevated level of corticosteroid hormones, which are responsible for the production of insulin. The child has increased fat deposition. Babies with such a syndrome also suffer from the small growth.
Parents can suspect the problem of overweight in children. To do this, it is necessary to analyze the behavior of the child, his or her diet, figure.
The baby should be fed according to the regimen. Infants are recommended to have 6 feedings during the day and one at night. In the nursing baby, the main symptoms of developing pathology are:
- bad stool.
A regular visit to the doctor will help to determine the pathology. The critical period during which the accumulation of fat occurs is the age of 5-7 years. At this age, parents can notice the following symptoms at their children, which should be watched with close attention:
- increased sweating,
- shortness of breath after physical effort,
- aesthetic defect,
- possible increase in blood pressure,
- the child’s unwillingness to do sports.
The peak of the probability of obesity is the period of puberty. This is 12-17 years old. In adolescents, all of the above symptoms are very pronounced. In addition, the following attributes are:
- high blood pressure,
- violation of puberty,
- swelling of the extremities,
- excessive sweating,
- shortness of breath after minimal load,
- joint pain.
Food diet should be developed by a child nutritionist. The child grows and needs nutrients. Only a competent specialist is able to balance the nutrition in such a way that the child did not gain weight from the food, and the body received all the necessary substances.
The fight against obesity does not end with a diet. How to treat the disease? The doctor will recommend a physical load. The complex of exercises will not only help to get rid of unnecessary calories correctly but also will become an excellent prophylaxis for other ailments associated with inactivity.
Medicines for children are very rarely prescribed. Influence of drug therapy on children’s body is poorly understood. And most drugs that favorably affect weight loss are prohibited for children under the age of 15.
It is categorically not recommended to use dietary drugs, such as Meridia, etc. in connection with the ban on the use of drugs by juvenile patients.